Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

House GOP Willing To Chat About 99ers, H.R. 589

Arthur Delaney, writing in tonight's Huffpost Hill, reports:

Republican leaders in the House of Representatives have agreed to meet with two Democrats to discuss longshot legislation for the long-term unemployed. Barbara Lee and Bobby Scott initially received zero support from Republicans for their bill to create another 14 weeks of jobless aid because doing so would add roughly $16 billion to the federal budget deficit. Lee and Scott later announced they'd be open to finding budget cuts to offset the cost of the benefits, so House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) have agreed to meet with them sometime in the next few weeks to discuss possible cuts to fund the benefits.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think that many people got "next few weeks" left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the next few weeks they will take the box I am living in the last few week they took my home

    ReplyDelete
  3. America pisses on americans. I'm penniless, broke, bankrupt. I'm not holding my breath, doen't seem to be any political benefit for the pols so why would they do it? again America. Red white and the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can save the world. But can't save Americans. I woke up in a nightmare - America 2011.

    ReplyDelete