This Is Not Normal

I first started writing in this blog to advocate for a cause that directly impacted me: long-term unemployment and the Great Recession.

Thanks to the Obama Administration, the economy has healed: if not completely, it has made significant steps. There are structural issues that have to be addressed, but now, a new crisis has arisen.

The incoming Trump Administration is already causing terrible harm to our nation, and my focus in this blog will shift to documenting efforts to work with political representatives and advocacy groups to prevent what damage we can.

Let's make something clear: this is not an "I'm against everything Trump stand for" screed. This *is* an "I'm against every un-American belief that Trump has leveraged in pursuit of his goals" screed.

Donald J. Trump has used xenophobia, misogyny, racism, Islamophobia, bigotry and other un-American beliefs to become President. The GOP has aided and abetted him, most directly through voter suppression efforts.

This is not normal.

Donald J. Trump's Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor, Steve Bannon, is a white nationalist and an anti-Semite.

This is not acceptable.

Media Matters has written "The Complete History Of Donald Trump's Relationship With The White Nationalist Movement" - please take the time to read it.

As I've posted on Twitter: I will always respect the office of the President. The man who is about to sits behind the desk does not, and I will resist his agenda and every un-American belief he holds.

I will not be alone. It's time to roll up your sleeves. Let's get to work.

Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog